Tuesday, March 2, 2010

PLE Week 6 #2

Select three virtual field trips from the examples website to download and review. Select virtual field trips to watch that address a different subject matter than your tour. Make a brief comment on each of the 3 field trips indicating what you like about their ideas.

I watched a virtual field trip on Volcanoes found at
http://http://open.byu.edu/ipt287/student-project-samples/virtual-tour-challenge-student-samples/
and I thought that it was a great way to teach detailed information through the use of having students find answers to specific questions about the topic.

I also watched a virtual tour on WWII Holocaust at the same sight. One of their activities was to write a journal entry about how you felt about the event. I thought this was a great way to encourage writing.

The last virtual tour I watched was Ancient Ruins. I thought this tour did a great job of helping the kids compare past and future ways of life and helping them to understand why the location was important to past civilizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment