Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 12 PLE Post

Description of the most important thing learned from the videos about using technology with young children.

I chose to watch I Love Spiders and Habitats. The emphasis on the importance of teaching children to use technology effectively and safely really stuck out to me. Now that I’ve been able to use the basics of technology for a while I’ve taken those skills for granted. It doesn’t occur to me automatically that we need to teach our students these skills and that they don’t come naturally. I also noticed that the technologies that were used in the movies were very practical technologies that the students would need to become fairly adept with in the future. Learning how to use a camera and create a multi-media presentation are two very common skills that you are called upon to use throughout your life. It seems to me that teaching effective, safe use of technology and teaching practical technology skills are very important to incorporate into a lesson plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment